Tuesday, September 9, 2008

WOW WOW WOW


Sometimes that's all I can do is say, "WOW," to the things that God does. This story is a real wower, if there is such a word.
A bit of history in relation to this Wow experience. Over twenty-five years ago a friend named Jacquie called me and asked me to teach her about God. I am always willing to do that because He is one of the subjects of which I love to talk.
I told her yes, I would love to teach her what I know about God and told her to ask several other people who were interested in learning and we would have a Bible study group. She did, and I did, and that was the beginning of a wonderful group of women who still meet once a week to study about God and to engage in intercessory prayer. Some of the ladies have moved away but still keep in contact by email to join us in prayer and to read the words of encouragement that God gives us.
Jacquie is one of those women who moved out of town. In fact, she now lives in St. Simons Island, Georgia.
These loyal women have prayed me out of two bouts of cancer and we have experienced many other healings and miracles that still astound us. We all regularly have testimonies of God's goodness and mercy toward all men. Jacquie has needed fervent intercessory prayer lately because she has had to have chemotherapy and radiation after having had surgery for brain cancer. We pray for her every day, but we especially pray for her every time the Tuesday Girls meet, which is the name of our group. She is the founder of our group and we love her so much for her organizing the group many years ago.
On one of the days that I was to have the Tuesday Girls at my home for lunch and for prayer and study, I wanted to make the lunch easy because of pressures from work, so I had the idea to have panini sandwiches. I wanted to make them myself, using my panini iron which is similar to a waffle iron.
Time became really a problem the last few days, so I wondered if Sam's Club had prepared panini sandwiches in their frozen food department. My husband and I were going to Sam's anyway so I decided to peruse the frozen food department to see if any food manufacturers made frozen paninis. We looked kind of casually and could not find any. However, I felt like maybe I needed to be more persistent than usual in looking. Sure enough, there were packages of paninis in a remote freezer area. I was elated to buy them and serve them to make the lunch menu easy for me when the Tuesday Girls came to my house.
I took out enough paninis to serve, checked on the back of the package for the baking instructions and my eyes unintentionally gazed at the location of the manufacturing plant. That's when I had said, "Wow, Wow, Wow." The plant is in St. Simons Island, Georgia, where Jacquie lives.
We have come to recognize those coincidences as God Incidences, knowing that He is especially involved in the current situation with us. He impressed me to buy the paninis and led me where to buy them for a purpose. I know that Jacquie can expect a remarkable miracle as a result of our prayers uniting with her prayers for her healing.
Again I comment about God and His abilities with my usual Wow, Wow, Wow.

No comments: