Wednesday, February 2, 2011

LAST MINUTE RESCUE

                                            LAST MINUTE RESCUE

     When faith starts waning a little bit, even a mite, then God sends something to catapult us again into full fledged faith. It might be a dream. It might be a prophecy. It might be a vision. Whatever way He can get his power to us to propel us to the top again He uses.
     While experiencing magnificent miracles relating to Steve's healing of cancer, during the chemotherapy experience there were a few times when caregiver exhaustion entered into me and I didn't realize that I was operating on about one half power of the Holy Spirit. It wasn't His fault. It was my fault by allowing tiredness of body and tiredness of emotions to take over. God understood and knew that I needed to be encouraged as only He can encourage a person, by giving His power in whatever way we can receive it at the time. Since my body and mind were overloaded during the daytime, I guess the only way He could get His message through to me was in a dream. 
     The dream was emphatic and memorable, one that was easy to refer back to when encouragement was needed. I dreamed that Steve, a small boy and I were in a car. Steve and the toddler boy were in the front seat with the toddler boy strapped in a car seat. I was in the back seat.
     In the dream, suddenly Steve stopped the car, exited the driver door and ran around to the back of the car. The toddler boy moved into the driver's seat and looked out the door to see where Steve was going. Steve had not closed the door properly and the boy fell out the door onto the highway.
     The activity continued in the dream with Steve running around the car to get the boy, but before he could get to the boy I leaned over the front seat and grabbed the boy and lifted him into the car. The toddler boy, whom I was surprised could talk so well, said loudly, "Thank you, Jesus. You're always there, even at the last minute. "
     I realized in the dream that the boy knew who had really saved him and it wasn't me. I also knew that I was trying to be everything, caregiver, emotional supporter and spiritual cheerleader. The revelation came that I needed to leave everything to God and let Him be the rescuer, just like the child in the dream knew. I had to revert back to having the faith of a child.
      Then the words to a new song came to mind.

     Thank you, Jesus, You're always there.
     Thank you, Jesus, You show you care.
     Thank you, Jesus, You prove you're there
     Even at the last minute.

     Faith catapulted me again to a new height in relation to the situation. I always knew God was always here and always cared, but often He can't manifest Himself until the last minute. It's not His fault. It's always our fault, but He understands that.
     Thank you, Father, for spiritual dreams that you use to communicate your love to us when our earthly minds are full to capacity and overflowing with problems relating to personal circumstances. You tunnel through them and leave your love messages in our minds through dreams so that we can again soar with the eagles by catching the currents of the Holy Spirit and letting Him carry us, confident that You will manifest yourself, even if it's at the last minute.

No comments: