Thursday, October 20, 2011

DIANE, ISAIAH AND THE BURING COAL



Loyal friends are hard to come by. I am so fortunate to have many friends who stand by me in times of trouble and in times of joy,
During My husband's battle with a devastating disease, all of our friends and relatives have been praying for a powerful end result to the battle, knowing that God has the solution already in progress.
One day Diane, a true and loyal friend, sent us via email a picture of a hand holding a ball of fire. It was confirmation to us that God has the power to burn out the tumors and restore my husband's body to perfection. I printed out the picture and it printed out in the largest size possible, a visual representation of God's participation in the healing.
For two or three weeks a scripture had been coming to my mind. Only a portion of the scripture bombarded my mind regularly. I intended to look up the scripture so I could know what it meant, surmising that maybe there was more meaning to it than the phrase that played over and over again in my mind. The phrase was, "And His train filled the temple."
Okay, I kept wondering, what makes up the train on God's adornment and why is it important enough to come to my mind over and over?
I finally took time to look up the scripture and it was in Isaiah 6. The first verses tell about Isaiah's vision of God. It described His train on His robe filling the temple. As I read on in the chapter Isaiah described the seraphim angels. Then he said that one of the angels had in his hand a burning coal which he had taken from the altar. Then he touched Isaiah's lips with the burning coal and said that his guilt was taken away and his sins were forgiven.
Glory be to God. The image in the Bible book of Isaiah of the hand and the coal was identical to the image Diane had sent to us.
It is said that out of the mouths of two or three witnesses a thing is established. The picture sent by my friend and the scripture that was constantly impressed upon my mind by the Holy Spirit were identical. That made two witnesses with the same identical image, a hand with fire in it.
God is so wonderful. Talk about a loyal friend. He's our Father but He is also our Friend. I remember that when I became an adult my earthly mother and father became good friends. They were still parents but they were also friends. It's the same with God, He's the most loving and powerful Father available to men, but He's also the greatest Friend, one whose presence and communion are available every second of the day.
Now, isn't that a great gift from a Father and a friend, letting us know that God is actively involved in the healing and restoration of my husband.
Diane is a friend of mine and a friend of a Friend, too. She knows Him intimately, just like I do.
Coals of fire from God through the angels to burn out the disease, I love that image. Thank you, God, for that image through Isaiah, and thank you Diane for the same image. Two loyal friends, an earthly one and a Heavenly One, how could I be so lucky!

photo from anger de braburt

No comments: